Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chapter 11 Question 1


Media is ALL around us. It is continuing to become more integrated in every part of our lives. From our alarm clock that wakes us up with morning news, to having a constant reminder of all media in our pocket in the form of a cell phone. I think that having more of a global perspective is allowing us to make decisions based on what the media tells us is happening from all parts of the world. Technology and the spread of media that way, has us picking and choosing what we believe in we want to follow. The most recent media experience I had would be the election and their campaign. With all the information out there about Romney and President Obama, it takes time to choose which media outlets you want to get your information from. Being very up to date with the policies that each presidential candidate held allowed for me to create my opinion after searching through all the media and being bombarded with their ads. I cannot say that the media changed my opinion on who I wanted to vote for, but it did solidify my choice in my own mind.

2 comments:

  1. Everything we do in our every day live, includes media. I agree with you with everything you say about technology. Its crazy when you think about it in a way. I still remember growing up we used to play outside a lot and read books. Nowadays children are glued to their videogames, Wii’s, Ipods, and the computer. My two little cousins who are 6 and 10 both have Ipods and are glued to it almost the entire day. Sometimes I feel like technology has become way to advanced but at the same time it benefits mostly the adults, and definitely not children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sjsuFM,
    I keep reading you post week after week because you always have good points. I like the way you started with the alarm most of us set to wake us up the next morning as a use of media. Although it maybe like we are just setting an alarm most of us spend that last minute checking our emails, responding to a text, or even checking the new update on our Facebook newsfeed. Media like you stated is all around us and we, today, cannot espace it. Moving forward I also liked the way you used the election as a place where media tries to give us as many world views and values. I really just enjoyed how you approached this weeks question. Thanks for the great post.


    Heisenberg.

    ReplyDelete