Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chapter 2 Question 2


Dawkins position about evolution and God’s existent is very clear in that he believes that they are not compatible. Aquinas on the other hand believes that a lot of what is part of universe cannot be explained any other way except with the fact of Gods existence. Aquinas would probably respond to Dawkins arguments about his proofs, by stating either reasons why Dawkins arguments are also flawed or by agreeing to disagree. That is what it comes down to in these types of questions. Faith and science can both be right for different people but it can also be argued indefinitely. For myself, I believe in having faith in a sense.  I believe in bringing good to the world through my actions but that doesn’t mean I have to believe in God. However, even though I purely believe in evolution and mostly what Dawkins is saying, that does not mean both ideologies cannot both reside in our society. Compatibility maybe not, but coexisting is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sjsuFM,
    Great post! I really enjoyed reading your blog because you are right with things like science and evolution it is hard to agree or disagree. Both sides can be right and wrong. I also like the way you stated your position on the topic by understanding both sides could be flawed. I think you do a great job of reasoning arguments. I am also glad that you let your actions speak for you and not your word. A lot of people say they are religious but when it comes to their action it is completely opposite of what they "say". Thanks for a great post.

    -Heisenberg

    ReplyDelete